- Begin inquiry process by requesting an information packet, which includes a view book, course catalog, and application materials.
- Schedule an interview. If you would like to speak with a member of a particular academic or extracurricular department, please let our office know when you call to set up your appointment.
- Arrange to take the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if necessary. *SSAT required of all ninth- and tenth-grade applicants. eleventh- and twelfth-grade applicants are asked to submit PSAT or SAT results.
- Interview with a member of The Putney School Admission team, visit a class, and go on a tour.
- Begin requesting recommendations, transcripts, and school reports from your current school.
Begin work on our application, which is processed through School Admin and includes brief essays
Please not that Putney does NOT accept the TABS common application.
- Submit all materials for consideration of Financial Aid by January 1st. For more information about Financial Aid, please visit the Affording Putney section of our website.
- Submit application & all supplemental materials by January 1st. A complete description of our application requirements can be found on our Application Checklist page.
|January 1||Application & Financial Aid Deadline|
|January 2||Students Return from Winter Break|
|January 5||SSAT Test Date|
|February 6-10||Mid-Winter Break|
|February 2||SSAT Test Date|
|March 2||SSAT Test Date|
|March 10-31||Spring Break|
|March 10||Admission Decisions Mailed|
|April 3||Revisit Day**|
|April 10||Admission Contracts Due|
|April 20||SSAT Test Date|
|June 8||SSAT Test Date|
* Applications received after January 1 will be reviewed and acted upon as soon as the candidate’s file is complete.
** Revisit Day is an opportunity for accepted students to return to take another look at Putney before deciding which school to attend. Formal invitations will be mailed after March 10th.