We have a great opportunity for someone to join The Putney School fundraising team as the full-time Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator, one of six people in the development office, supports the work of the development team by performing a variety of support tasks and coordinating much of the office’s routine work.
The Coordinator will manage and execute gift processing, produce gift acknowledgments, perform direct response and administrative projects. This person will provide administrative and event support to the Development team and take on special projects when needed.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, strong customer service skills, and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines. She or he will also have an inquisitive spirit, a good sense of humor, a can-do attitude, and the desire to take responsibility.
Applicants should have
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a data-driven environment
- Strong Excel/Word skills
- Experience with relational databases, Raiser's Edge preferred
- Good writing and editing skills
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated record of completing assignments in a timely manner, managing complex programs and multiple demands
Please send a cover letter and resume by March 31 to:
Elizabeth Johnson, Development Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
The Putney School, a progressive secondary boarding school, has an opening for a math teacher starting in the 2015-16 school year.
The job includes:
- Academic duties including teaching four class sections, with emphasis on teaching mathematical reasoning; conferencing regularly with students; writing reports.
- Duties in the work program, athletics or another area of expertise.
- Residential duties which include either being a resident dorm head or doing evening duty in a dorm several times a week.
- Advising duties for 6-8 students.
The ideal candidate:
- Has interest and demonstrated ability in teaching and supporting adolescents, sense of humor, flexibility, energy, collegiality, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
- Is able to teach to a wide range of student abilities and levels.
- Is willing to experiment with innovative pedagogies and technology in the classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, MA in math or a related field preferred.
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience, preferably with high school students.
The Putney School seeks to promote diversity in its program and hiring. We recognize that a diverse faculty and staff is crucial to the success and continued relevance of the school.
Please send a cover letter, resume and list of references by April 15, 2015 to:
Kate Knopp, Dean of Faculty
If you are a recent college graduate, you may want to look at the Progressive Education Lab at www.progressiveeducationlab.org. The Progressive Education Lab is currently accepting applications.
The Putney School is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, place of birth, age, national origin, or handicaps in our employment decisions. The Putney School seeks to promote diversity through its programs and hiring.