Health Services at The Putney School seeks a qualified registered nurse for the position of Health Services Coordinator.
Vermont licensure is required, as is experience in either public health nursing, community health nursing, school nursing, or pediatric nursing.
As coordinator of clinical care, the person in this role supports delivery of holistic health care to the student population of approximately 225. He or she is the manager of three staff nurses, administrator for the department, and colleague of all faculty and staff. He or she will also be expected to work closely with the Mental Health Coordinator and our providers (allopathic and alternative practitioners, insurance company, etc).
Regular work hours during the week ensure that the coordinator can attend requisite meetings and support clinical needs; weekend call is shared with other staff nurses on a rotating basis.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Every effort will be made to fill position by June 1, 2015.
The Putney School, a progressive secondary boarding school, has an opening for a math teacher starting in the 2015-16 school year.
The job includes:
- Academic duties including teaching four class sections, with emphasis on teaching mathematical reasoning; conferencing regularly with students; writing reports.
- Duties in the work program, athletics or another area of expertise.
- Residential duties which include either being a resident dorm head or doing evening duty in a dorm several times a week.
- Advising duties for 6-8 students.
The ideal candidate:
- Has interest and demonstrated ability in teaching and supporting adolescents, sense of humor, flexibility, energy, collegiality, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
- Is able to teach to a wide range of student abilities and levels.
- Is willing to experiment with innovative pedagogies and technology in the classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, MA in math or a related field preferred.
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience, preferably with high school students.
The Putney School seeks to promote diversity in its program and hiring. We recognize that a diverse faculty and staff is crucial to the success and continued relevance of the school.
Please send a cover letter, resume and list of references by May 10, 2015 to:
Kate Knopp, Dean of Faculty
If you are a recent college graduate, you may want to look at the Progressive Education Lab at www.progressiveeducationlab.org. The Progressive Education Lab is currently accepting applications.
The Putney School is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, place of birth, age, national origin, or handicaps in our employment decisions. The Putney School seeks to promote diversity through its programs and hiring.